Revised: 02 April 2018
Our Commitment to Privacy
The Danube Civil Society Forum (DCSF) and Foster Europe for strong European Regions value our members and partners and respect your privacy.
Personal information collected by The Danube Civil Society Forum and Foster Europe for strong European Regions under this policy is subject to the rules set out in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any other applicable legislation and rules. For the purposes of the GDPR, the data processors in Austria are The Danube Civil Society Forum, c/o Foster Europe, Foundation for strong European Regions, Schloss Esterházy A-7000 Eisenstadt.
This policy describes the personal information The Danube Civil Society Forum and Foster Europe for strong European Regions collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it, and when we share it with third parties. Our policy also describes the choices you can make about how we collect and use your information. If our information practices change, we will post an updated policy on our website. You can tell if the policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears above. If we change this policy in a material way, we will provide appropriate notice to you. You may exercise your choices about how we collect and use your information consistent with this policy at any time.
What kind of information does DCSF collect?
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, company or institution, function, if you are a member of us, contact us with a question or concerns, or participate in an event of the DCSF.
Personal information about you may be processed and stored on our servers hosted in Austria or Germany.
How does DCSF use my information?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our activities, meetings, invitations, information and events including marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you
- To address problems with and improve our operations
- To organize events
- To facilitate social sharing
- To allow you to participate in our actions
You always have the choice not to receive marketing information. To do so please see the section regarded below.
How does DCSF share my information?
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- Service Providers: We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- Third Parties: We may share your information when we team up with another organization or company to offer or provide services and organize events our members and partners.
What other information does DCSF collect?
We may collect information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser and device information; information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information and other information provided by you; and aggregated information.
We may use and disclose such information for any lawful purpose. If required, we will treat such information as personal information in accordance with this policy. We will also treat such information as personal information to the extent it is combined with personal information. For example, when you use our technologies, or attend our events we may keep a record of your comments or presentation; respectively we may take photos of you.
We may collect information in a variety of ways, including:
- Your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and browser click-through and usage data.
- On-event Technologies: We may provide on-event technologies to help active engagement and improve your experience. These technologies may require the collection of certain information about you and may also permit you to submit some further information of you. (E.g. By filling out a questionnaire we may ask for your comments or opinion on a given topic.)
How do I access or change my information?
You can review and change certain personal information related to you. To access your information at DCSF please contact us at email@example.com or via post at Foster Europe Foundation, Austria 7000, Schloss Esterhazy. Please note that any request to update your personal information may take up to 10 days for your email request and 3-4 weeks for your postal mail request.
How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?
The Danube Civil Society Forum and Foster Europe for strong European Regions want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive any information, such as information about our activities, meetings, information, invitation and events, you can let us know by contacting us as described above.
How do I know my personal information is secure?
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient participating experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to help protect the security and privacy of your personal information.
What about links to other websites?
How long do you retain my information?
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
How do I contact you?
Telephone: +43(0)2682 634 26-30
Post: Foster Europe Foundation for strong European Regions, Schloss Esterházy, A-7000 Eisenstadt, Austria