We want to share with you various news, reports, articles, indexes on the topic of the upcoming 5th Danube Participation Day [with the working title of] Expanding Civic Spaces Participation Strategies in the Danube Region, which will deal with the growing problem of reducing civic space on various levels in state, administration, media and society and will discuss and present counter strategies for civil society and its organizations.
Below you can find and download opinions and research results published by renowned:
- Shrinking space for civil society the EU response, EU Parliament, 2017
- Financing of Civil Society Organisations by the EU, Jean Marc ROIRANT, European Economic and Social Committee, 2017
- Draft Report on Hungary - Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs, MEP Sargentini, 2018
- 2018 European Semester: Country Report Hungary, EU Commission, p. 21
- Challenges facing Civil Society Organizations Working on Human Rights in the EU, FRA, 2017
- Guidelines for civil participation in political decision making, Council of Europe, 2017 [Niall Sheerin, COE already refered to this document in his presentation at the 4th Danube Participation Day in Budapest]
- Macro-regional strategies and their links with cohesion policy, European Comission, 2017
- Compendium of Council of Europe, 2018
- Reports on the Country visits of the Conference of INGOs, ongoing
Research policy center
- Media Freedom on the Internet_OSCE Guide book_2016
- OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media, News
- Balkan enlargement and the politics of civic pressure, Lazarevic, Stratulat, European Policy Centre 2017
- Educating young people for a digital Europe, European Policy Centre, 2016
European and international NGOs
- State of civil society report - Civicus, 2017
- European tragedy – the collapse of Poland’s Rule of law, European Stability Initiative, 2018
- 2018 WORLD PRESS FREEDOM INDEX, RFS
Politicians in the Danube Region
- Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán’s Speech at the 25th Bálványos Summer Free University and Student Camp, 2014
We will keep updating the list constantly.
Please do not hesitate to share with us your inputs under email@example.com.